Forecasters divided over global warming

That the public is divided over the issue of global warming is news to no one.  But that weather forecasters are also sharply divided might well surprise a few.  Such was the finding, however, of a recent survey conducted by the National Science Foundation, which found that of the over 1,300 TV weathercasters it surveyed, a bare majority, or 54 percent, said the planet is experiencing global warming, whereas the other 46 percent were either unsure or disagreed entirely.  Even more interesting though, is that twice as many forecasters polled believed that global warming is a natural phenomenon as opposed to a manmade one.  So it appears with our nation’s weathermen, the consensus on global warming is cloudy with a bit of fog.

Categories

About the Author: CFACT

CFACT defends the environment and human welfare through facts, news, and analysis.