Police report that James J. Lee stormed the Discovery Channel Building today and held hostages at gunpoint for four hours today before being shot and killed by police.
Lee, “the inconvenient terrorist,” was “awakened” after watching former Vice President Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth. Lee issued a lengthy manifesto which shows the degree to which he was influenced by Gore and other radical green campaigners.
Taken together Lee’s manifesto seems the rantings of a madman, but we who follow these issues closely have seen the bulk of these demands before issued by one radical environmental campaigner after another.
Lee’s manifesto (click for the full document) is a list of demands he had for the Discovery Channel to broadcast programs further advancing a radical green agenda.
His observations and demands included:
- An end to global warming
- Reversing human civilization and expose it as filth
- Mass sterilization
- Talk about Malthus and Darwin
- Discouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants
- End oil use
- Dismantle the dangerous U.S. economy
- End all farming
- Stop food aid to developing nations
- Halt war, not because it harms people, but to end its catastrophic environmental damage
- Save species diversity
- Nothing is more important than saving them. The Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, Elephants, Froggies, Turtles, Apes, Raccoons, Beetles, Ants, Sharks, Bears, and, of course, the Squirrels.
Lee’s bizarre document appears to represent his distillation of the disregard for human life, progress and civilization promoted by some within the radical environmentalist community. All too often their claims are repeated by the media without examination.