UN COP 26, the most significant climate conference in years is underway in Glasgow and CFACT is there!
World leaders such as Boris Johnson, Prince Charles, President Biden, Al Gore, and UN Secretary General António Guterres ascended the stage for the UN “World Leaders Summit.”
CFACT found ourselves in the unusual position of agreeing with Swedish climate kid Greta Thunberg who called the world leaders’ rhetoric a bunch of ineffectual “blah, blah, blah.”
Greta just topped herself singing repeatedly to world leaders, “You can shove your climate crisis up your a***,” to the tune of “she’ll be comin’ round the mountain.” CFACT shares Greta’s sentiment on this one. (Though not her penchant for profanity).
All this top down blah, blah, blah demands a little perspective:
- Joe Biden? Desperate to use climate to salvage his plummeting favorability rating… Fell asleep at the summit.
- Boris Johnson? Hailed unanimously by both left and right as a greenwashing climate hypocrite.
- Prince Charles? Spouts any left-wing trope in his quest to expunge cheating on the world’s most popular princess.
- António Guterres? Six year president of the SOCIALIST INTERNATIONAL!
- Al Gore? CFACT confronted Gore at the COP over his hypocritical massive energy footprint. Think waterfront mansions and private jets. Mr. Nobel bolted.
Check out the big black inflatable capitalist “snake” climate campaigners are parading around Glasgow. They did a fine job of underscoring the anti-capitalist agenda lurking behind so much climate and environment rhetoric.CFACT’s (unofficial) poll of local Scots, however, reveals a people firmly grounded in common sense. Scots are waking up to the fact that their massive investment in intermittent wind and solar power is threatening them with unaffordable electricity prices and blackouts. Look to Scotland and some other European countries for a model of how not to handle a national energy strategy.
CFACT is your eyes, ears and voice in the UN climate process.
Watch for much more as COP 26 unfolds in Glasgow.