Devastating tornadoes struck America’s heartland Friday night leaving death, destruction and heartache in their trail.
When asked whether the tornadoes were due to climate change President Biden replied, “Everything is more intense when the climate is warming and obviously it has some impact here.”
CFACT’s Marc Morano reports at Climate Depot that weather and climate experts were shocked by the President’s misstatement. These tornadoes were tragic, but were natural weather, not climate. Marc is currently scheduled to appear tonight on Fox News Primetime at 7:00 PM EST.
- Weather expert Chris Matz said, “this is utter bullsh*t… Here are the facts: No overall trend in U.S. tornado activity since 1954, but EF-3+ down 50.
- Climate scientist Dr. Roy Spencer said, “To claim ‘global warming’ as cause for tornadoes ‘is directly opposite to the clear observational evidence.'”
- Extreme weather expert Dr. Roger Pielke, Jr. noted that the UN IPCC report states, “Trends in tornadoes… associated w/ severe convective storms are not robustly detected … attribution of certain classes of extreme weather (e.g. tornadoes) is beyond current modeling and theoretical capabilities.”
- Tony Heller who runs the Real Science blog said in a video: “History and science aren’t among Joe Biden’s strong points.”
- Legendary forecaster Joe Bastardi posted at CFACT.org that if “that’s all Biden knows, the chart from NOAA shows he knows next to nothing.”
When natural disaster strikes it calls upon the best in all of us to help those in need.
Exploiting natural tragedy to push a political agenda is wrong.