In Episode 83 of District of Conservation, Gabriella discusses why she’s taking the #ResponsibleRecreation pledge. It’s a challenge started by Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership with backing from National Wild Turkey Federation, Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation, Ducks Unlimited, Trout Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, and Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies.
Here are the six principles:
- Plan ahead; purchase licenses and park passes online, if available.
- Recreate close to home
- Adhere to best practices for avoiding COVID-19
- Follow state and federal guidelines
- Pack out your trash as a courtesy to others and to avoid the appearance of overuse
- Share your adventures in a respectful way on social outlets